Since it is impossible to communicate with everyone personally about Emily's progress we will update this blog whenever there is anything new to report.

The Flake children are being cared for by Curtis' mom, Emily's mom, and Curtis's three sisters. The Relief Society is bringing them meals. Their needs are being met very well and Curtis is so grateful for all of your kind offers to assist their family. More than anything else, at this time, they need your faith and prayers.

If you need to communicate with Curtis or the family you are welcome to contact me (Curtis' sister, Angela) via email and I will deliver your message asap - ang_flake@hotmail.com.

10/26/08

A Message from Emily

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so lucky to know all of you! Wow...I feel more blessed than ever and have felt your love and concern. Thank you so much, Angela, for keeping everyone updated with the blog. You all know more about me right now than I do! I remember many moments in the hospital when Curtis would be reading me your emails...thank you for lifting my spirits and helping me get better. I feel the strength of all your thoughts and prayers.

Every day I feel a little better and it's great to be home.
Thank you all!
Love, Emily
The picture below was taken this past Friday as Emily was being prep'ed for her EEG.

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Megan said...

Emily, you look great! It's sp good to see you holding your sweet baby! Take care, I wish we were still neighbors so I could just walk something over to you! : )

Jen said...

Welcome home! And what a beautiful picture of you and the baby! Continue to heal, feel better and get some rest. You are still in my prayers! Love ya!

The Burila Bunch said...

Emily, It is great to see your smile. I am so thankful for our friendship and am so glad that you are on the mend. Your baby is adorable. She (and the big kids) are so blessed to have you and Curtis as their parents, and your wonderful supportive families. I hope that I will be able to see you soon. We may be headed back to California, nothing set in stone yet. Take it easy and get lots of rest. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Sam and Dave.

tjaybelt said...

thats an awesome idea for a halloween costume you have there...
keep getting better. set goals and reach for the stars. you look great, and we are blessed to still have you as a part of our lives.

Christy said...

Em, You look so good! You always look great. It is so nice to see you holding your newest little girl. She's beautiful. We miss you guys. Wish you were still living here. We want to come and visit when you feel up for it. I'm so greatful you are healing like you are. Continue to take it easy and let others take care of you for once. :) We continue to pray for you. Lyssa never says a prayer without blessing you and your sweet family. Love you! christy

The Orton's said...

What a priceless picture of you and McKenzie. Both beautiful! It is good to see you up and smiling. Keep letting others do for you. We keep you in our prayers. We love you all - the Orton's

Flake Family said...

Dear Emily--We have prayed and prayed for you and still do. We love you so much and are so grateful you are doing so much better. I put your name on the temple roll a lot.
U. Joel.

Heffalumps and Woozles said...

Emily,

I am so grateful that you are doing better and better. You have been in our thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be so. McKenzie is adorable...she matches the rest so well. Keep doing great and we will keep following how you are.

Much love,

The Morgans
heffalumpsnwoozles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Emily, I am so thrilled that you are home and doing well. We love you and have been praying for you. You are an amazing woman!

Keep following doctors orders and Benka and I will bring Olive Garden to you for a birthday lunch when you feel ready for it!
-Patti

Alisa said...

Great to "see" you. Your baby looks happy to be in her mama's arms. We are still crossing our fingers for you. My girls always bless you in every prayer they say. I'm sure the results of the EEG will be good (and miraculous) because you are such an amazing person! Good luck while you are on the mend.

Todd Kerby said...

Emily,
We have been praying for you and hope you continue to quickly recover. I wish we were closer because I think of all you did for us with Kiera and I wish we could pay you back a little. Kylee was very worried when she first heard about you she said "I bet Jared is really worried". She checks the blog everyday and keeps us updated. Take care of yourself. We are glad you are home. WE were all very concerned for you.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're home and doing well. You and your sweet family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!
Amanda

Mali said...

Hello,
Glad you are are home with your family, especially your new baby. You look great. Hope that all be well with you and your family.

Love,
Mali (Luangrath) Soderborg